Friday, November 30, 2012

My weightloss journey

When Amelia turned 14 months old, I realized I was the same weight that I was at her 6 week checkup, maybe even heavier. How depressing!

My husband had done P90X a while back and was doing Insanity in June. We found out we would be flying to his sister's wedding in September and I was NOT going to be the chubby bridesmaid. I decided to do it with him.

July 4, 2012, my life started to change. The workouts were tough. I was so sore I could barely walk. I often wondered why I was torturing myself. Then a few weeks later, the workouts were getting easier. I wasn't as sore. My clothes started fitting better. My ATTITUDE towards working out had changed, as well. I started looking forward to workouts. I used them to relax, instead of them causing me stress. Once I realized *I* was in control of my body, I never looked back.

I finished the Insanity challenge in October (I took some time off during the wedding). I was down 21 lbs and went from a size 12/14 to a size 6. I have since lost an additional 7lbs and gained some definition, even though I have been out of commission for 6 weeks b/c of a horrible ankle sprain.

I hope to show people that you, alone, are in control of your body. I finally realized that the weight was not going to "fall off". I was not going to get a six pack by praying for it (yea, I tried that one). I had to eat less, get off the couch, and but my ass.

It was worth EVERY SINGLE drop of sweat. I wouldn't give this experience back for the world. I feel as empowered now as I did after childbirth (and if you have kids, you KNOW what I'm talking about)!



EAT CLEAN & TRAIN MEAN

Follow me on Facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment